What do I need to bring with me?
- You will need a current, Government-issued, photo ID.
We accept the following forms of photo identification:
- A current State issued Drivers License
- State or local Government Issued photo-ID
- US or foreign passport
- Certificate of U.S. citizenship or naturalization
- Alien registration card
- U.S. Military Identification card
- You will need to bring any information required of you by the agency requesting your background, including your agency’s Authorization and ORI numbers and the reason you're being fingerprinted. This helps to ensure your background check is submitted without error.
- Please fill out the DPSCS/CJIS Livescan Pre-registration Application, print, and submit at the time of your appointment.
Can I just walk-in?
Yes, we do accept walk-ins. Because we value your time, however, we recommend that you schedule an appointment so your wait time is at a minimum. Our appointments are set every 15 minutes to ensure you will be seen in a timely fashion.
Please be advised that appointments take priority. If possible, prior to walking in, please contact our office so we may make every effort to work you into the schedule and decrease any potential wait time on your part.
I was just fingerprinted last year? Why can't you just use those?
Applicant prints are not like criminal prints, and are only used for comparison in the criminal database. A new background or criminal history check must be performed for each new employment or licensing application submitted, and the results will be sent from CJIS to the requesting agency or individual. Also, applicant prints and demographic information are, by law, destroyed by our personnel 90 days after collection, so we retain no records beyond that time.
Can you do Ink fingerprints?
Yes. We can fingerprint you using our Livescan process and then print them directly onto the applicable fingerprint card. This process allows us to roll the fingerprints as many times as we need to ensure we get the best quality print we can.
What is the time frame I have to submit my CJIS receipt to MD State Police Licensing Division after I leave your office?
Your CJIS receipt must be submitted within 72 hours (3 business days) or your application will be denied. *Please note that this only applies to individuals who are in a process which goes through the MD State Police.
What forms of payment do you accept?
VISA, MASTERCARD, and DISCOVER credit cards. We also will accept any debit/bank card that can be run as a credit card (these will have the VISA, DISCOVER, or MASTERCARD logo on the front or back of the card).